Monday 7 January 2019

SEE YOU LATER, PROCRASTINATOR!




Grab the to-do list. Right time. Right date.
Now dawns the hour to procrastinate.
Line up the knick-knacks, fiddle and fudge,
Opportunity knocks but the brain cells won’t budge.
Clean out that cupboard. Check on the mail.
If you don’t start, how can you fail?
Biting the bullet? Not doing that!
Don’t show your hand and you’ll not look a prat.
Time for a cuppa. Who’s for a brew?
Descale the kettle. What can you do?
Check on the internet. Yes, it’s still there.
Just testing my balance by spinning the chair.
Need inspiration. Go for a walk.
Putting it off?  Who, me? You can talk!
What’s number one on this list? Let me see.
I’ll just dust my glasses and nip for a wee.
Right, full steam ahead. I’ve got to press on.
No time for that, now. Where has today gone?

No comments:

Post a Comment