Wednesday 28 June 2017

WRITING DOUBLE DARE


"Write what you know!"

Writing advice we've all heard.

But what if you don't really know what you think you know? You know?

Here's an idea.

Write what you dare!
Write what you dare to imagine!

If we never dare to write while clinging by our sweaty fingertips to the edge of what we might never be sure of, stomach churning, naked to possibility, how will we really know anything, anyway?

Living's a risky venture. Writing sometimes has to kick away the stabilisers, if we want to grow, exhilarated and incorrigible, into the writers we were born to be.

Write what excites you, challenges you, expands you, pushes you to your limits.

I double dare you!


3 comments:

  1. I followed your advice and ended up using the piece for my first opening blog (hurrah) 😊
    https://juniper1410.wordpress.com

    🙌🏼 All the best.. Jenn x


    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much, Jenn! So glad the ripples I dropped unknowingly into the pool have maybe inspired you to risk letting your own dreams start to come true through your own writing and sharing. I love your blog - your beautiful, vulnerable, honest words will touch so many people, I know. I wish you nothing but joy in all you do! xxx

    ReplyDelete