Tuesday 24 May 2011

You're game birds - not garden birds!

He's back! For a second year running!
Only this time, Mr Pheasant's got company on my back lawn...
Who's that girl?
Don't be shy! It's Mrs Pheasant!
They spent a few hours feeding on what other legit garden birds had dropped from the feeders
Explored every corner of the property at their leisure...
Is this my best profile?
Or this? Did you get my crest thingummy and earflaps?
Enjoying their cheap away day from the fields...
Have I missed a bit of that seed?
Time to whirr off back home. Till next time.



Photos star a brace of Yorkshire-dwelling Pheasants (Phasianus colchicus) in the middle of May, in a suburban back garden close to rural woods, fields and farmland.


Photos taken on an old Nikon Coolpix 3700 3.2 Mega pixels 3x optical zoom camera, hand held through a Barr & Stroud Sahara 15-45x spotting scope by the author. Yes, I know there's a lot of focus issues and "vignetting" in these shots. Still really hope you enjoy meeting these characters that brightened up my afternoon!

No comments:

Post a Comment